Here are a few pics from his party, followed by 10 things I love about Gryffy.
(He chose the SNL Halloween special as his driveway movie. Now it's all the 4th grade boys talk about. Ha!)
1. His joyful and infectious smile and laughter. This boy's always giggling loudly and loves to make others laugh! He's hilarious.
2. Confidence. Gryffy is totally unique and never tries to be like other people. He knows who he is, what he likes, and is completely comfortable in his own skin. And his charisma and confidence attracts a lot of friends.
3. He's ambitious and smart. This boy is already seriously studying to be a surgeon, and dreaming up a bright future.
4. He adores his big sister. These two are tied at the hip, are each other's best friends, and rarely fight.
5. Gryffy's amazing acrobatic skills and signature moves on the trampoline and his floppy curls tossing around with every flip.
6. He loves adventure and travel. He enjoys telling people about all the places he's been, or reminiscing on travels with us ("Remember when I picked up a jellyfish in Denmark?")
7. Gryffy's strategic mind and love of games, like cards and chess. He embraces that he's both a jock and a geek. :) And dang it, he's better than me at chess now, bringing home trophy after trophy at tournaments.
8. He adores our animals and especially our cats. Gryffy often embraces them and oozes love on them in a high-pitched squeaky voice. "AAAW, CLIIIIMBERRRR!"
9. He has a strong moral compass and solid character. I've watched him handle difficult situations with friends this year with incredible integrity, truth-telling, kindness and insight.
10. He is love. Gryffy always seeks out the new kids and welcomes them, like Pete on his first day. He makes a point of visiting the "buddy bench" at recess where lonely kids go when they need someone to play with. He always wants to give money to the homeless and spread kindness and light. And he deeply loves his family and is very proud of the things that make us unique.
Gryffin, I am so proud of you and love you so much! Happy Bday Buddy!