Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Beatrice Beanstalk

Illustration (c) 2009 Wendy Connelly

May I tempt you with a nibble on a pumpkin seed?

Should you be so bold as to accept, a coach from the Pumpkin DisPatch will arrive shortly at your door, sent to taxi you to the great kingdom of Figglement alongside twelve-year-old Beatrice Beanstalk. But before you take a bite, beware: The Grimm Witch is rumored to have risen again in Figglement, seeking to snuff out the souls of children to reclaim her dark powers. Among the beanstalk-staked cabins, butterscotch bog, and gingerbread lodge of M. T. Kettle's Camp for Coeds, children are being snatched away by the Grimm Witch's Reaper... and nobody knows who will fall victim next.

After eight years of imagining this world into being and setting it to the page, I have finally put it out into the Universe. Wish it luck!

-Wendy

3 comments:

  1. Wow- Awesome Wendy- YOU are so talented!! Good for you and good luck!! I can still remember the sample I read that you had just started- I can't wait to read the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, Way to go!! That is so awesome of you- you're so creative and brilliant!! Wow! Good Luck and congrats on pursuing your dream! I still remember reading the beginning and I can't wait to read the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds amazing! I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete