Monday, August 28, 2017

Bedtime Rituals

Tonight, as I was tucking the kids in to bed, Gryffy requested an old bedtime ritual/backrub that I used to do when they were toddlers. I'm writing it down so I don't forget.

TREASURE HUNT
Going on a treasure hunt (move hand in an S pattern, top to bottom)
X marks the spot (draw a big X across the back)
Four big boulders (pound shoulders and lower back with fist 4 times)
Little tiny rocks (tickle fingers on shoulders)
High seas (sweep hands across shoulders like waves)
Warm breeze (blow on neck)
Now you've got the shiverees! (tickles all over)

Favorite Bedtime Songs:
Edelweiss (using the kids' names)
Lully Lullay
Holly and the Ivy
Silent Night
Deedle-Deedle Dumpling Gryffin John
I Have a Dream (Mamma Mia)
Disney songs (Colors of the Wind, Part of Your World)
Yo-Ho, Hoist the Colors (Pirates of the Caribbean)

It's the little rituals that mean so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment