Thursday, March 26, 2009

Music, gymnastics, and art



This morning the kids had Music with Mar, a fun, energetic music class together in which we sing, dance, and explore instruments. After music, Lorelei had her very first gymnastics lesson. The teacher had to corral her a bit, as she was the very youngest of the group of 3 to 5 year olds, but she loved every minute of it, especially playing with the hula hoops. This was her very first lesson without me--no more toddler time! Gryffy even got to play in the special playroom for siblings and parents, with a window to the gym.
This afternoon, we're doing an art project for our new entryway. I'm having each of the kids put their hand and foot prints on paper and framing them, so that I'll always smile when I walk up and down the stairs. I also did my own artwork last night, arranging a humongous display of flowers for the new entry table. It's good to be back in our home after a week and a half of having the entry painted terra cotta orange, our hardwood floors refinished, carpet laid, and iron balustrades installed (the last project being one that Mark and I are tackling ourselves). Our home's never looked so welcoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment