Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lorelei's New Room--A Sneak Peek

Lorelei's new bunk beds were supposed to arrive by elf delivery on Christmas, but Mrs. Claus called us today because she had noticed, while out shopping at the Elf Furniture Mart (of course!), the bunks were on clearance. The room has to be ready by Friday, which makes Christmas three months early. So here's a sneak peek of the room.

A scribbled drawing I had made, using Lorelei's beautiful owl artwork (which she is going to paint on the walls) as inspiration...
 Notice the "bright sky blue" I had labeled the wall in the photo above?  Not a chance.  When I consulted Lorelei, she insisted on pink.  She is the main designer, so alas, pink it is!
 Sugar Sweet, to be exact.  You'll see it next to the bedding below--she did a good job picking a match, at least.  I think she knows best!
 The "saffron" wall will have beanstalks painted all over, inspired by a piece of scrapbooking paper.  I think L will paint her owls on this wall, too.  She might add some bunnies on another wall, near the floor.  She has a penchant for drawing owls and bunnies.  She's already been helping me paint these beanstalks.
 Aren't her owls adorable?  Can't wait to see them on her walls!
 So there it is.  I have a LOT to get done between now and Friday!  And while I felt very sad about letting go of her old room and giving her the artistic freedom (with a bit of persuasion) to design a new one, I think it's going to be adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment