Saturday, June 30, 2012

A stroll through Vail Village

Before I post anything about our trip to Vail, I'd like to dedicate a whole post to this magical land of spilling window boxes, crags bursting with wildflowers, timber-covered bridges and tidy cobbled streets. I felt like I was somewhere nestled between Garmisch, Oberammergau and Switzerland.  It's Colorado-meets-Bavarian beauty, and I was its captive.

 This is Vail at 5am--silent, solitary, all mine.
 Its famous clock.
 Fountains everywhere.
 Let's have a look at the flowers.  Ah, the flowers!  I need a post for them alone.





The sculptures everywhere are so whimsical and fun.  Genius, I think.


This is Lions Head Village near the gondola going up the mountain.



 We did see elk--as in, living, mountain dwelling elk.

 
One of two famous covered bridges leading into Vail Village.
 The rock garden near our hotel.
 Lions Head Village, from the gondola ride.
This barely touches on the beauty of this place.  I think Camp Connelly will be spending many more summers here.

No comments:

Post a Comment