Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

 Love is in the air.
We celebrated with the kids' Valentine's Day parties at school.



 Arts and crafts.
 (Lorelei made this card at school. I got goosebumps when I looked inside. She had decided to draw an airplane and just happened to write "United" on it for the airline. I don't think she could have possibly known how significant that was to me, but I almost cried. I grew up flying everywhere on United Airlines because my dad worked there for over 30 years. Everytime I see a United plane, I think of Dad. Yeah, goosebumps.)
 Gryffy made me this sweet thumbprint bookmark. I love his little thumbprints and that boy knows I love to read.
Secret messages were revealed.
 Gryffy made all his Valentines himself. He was so proud to hand them out at school.
 We heart attacked our house and mantel.


On Valentine's Day morning, the kids went on a scavenger hunt for their valentines. It was so much fun watching their faces light up when they found each one.



 Big cards with big love inside.

Now the kids are playing with the bunny and rolling suitcases around (they're going on vacation with Mr. Tubbins) and Fed Ex is on the way with my surprise from Mark.  (I built him a desk. He loved it.)
So blessed by my Valentines--I love Mark and the kids so much. Happy Valentine's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment