Friday, May 5, 2017

BlendTec & Banana Kale Smoothie

A few days ago, I was making Lorelei our favorite banana kale smoothie, when our old blender broke, the spinning part on the bottom cracking off. It was dangerous, and we immediately threw that old blender away.

Which was the perfect excuse, of course, for upgrading to this!
For some time now I've had my eye on BlendTec and VitaMix blenders, and have done some research to compare the two. Summary: either way, you can't go wrong! But I especially liked the shape of the BlendTec and the lid, and how easy it is to clean (blend soap and water, rinse out, done). 

And so we ordered (Mother's Day gift to me!), and I am head over heels in love with this kitchen appliance! I put in whole fruits and veggies - cored apples, carrots, celery, ice, anything - and what comes out is as smooth as Smoothie King and Robek's! 

Tonight when we gathered with our neighbors around the firepit, I had my carrot-celery-apple-banana-orange-kale smoothie in hand.
I'm getting more fruits and veggies into my diet in a single day than I used to in a week. Now I'm looking forward to trying recipes for soups, salsas, smoothies and mixed drinks. 

Just so I have it on record, here's our favorite Banana Kale Smoothie that the kids glug down in no time flat (amounts are approximate):

Banana Kale Smoothie
2 c milk
2 bananas
handful of kale
handful of frozen mango chunks (Trader Joe's)

Hit the smoothie setting and boom. Kids beg for this funky green concoction.

No comments:

Post a Comment