Gryffy turned 9! He wanted to have a laser tag party, but when he found out we had to limit the number of friends to 10, he just couldn't narrow it down. So, he opted instead for a bigger present (a hoverboard he's been eyeing for ages!) and a simple, backyard birthday bash...
Let's check out that hoverboard (the go-cart attachment is a gift from Gma/Gpa Connelly):
I think water balloon fights are becoming Gryffin's birthday tradition.
Gryffy takes endless delight in this.
Just look at his face...
NINE things we love & appreciate about Gryffy:
1) He makes us laugh, all the time! Gryffy will go to any length to entertain people, and he's pretty hilarious. His smile alone - full of missing teeth - is contagious. :D
2) He loves his family fiercely, especially his big sister.
3) He works hard at whatever he does (straight-A student, soccer, research, writing, etc.). Even though he's one of the youngest in his class, Gryffin excels among his older peers.
4) He is a team player and cheers others on to success. He is genuinely happy when others succeed (on the soccer field he jumps up and down with his arms raised and that electric smile across his face when anyone on the team scores a goal).
5) Gryffy is extremely determined and self-motivated. He's working this summer on anatomy/physiology, chemistry and math because he wants to be a surgeon. He also loves studying history and has recently taken an interest in the Roman Empire.
7) He is committed to meditation and meditates with me everyday. At recess, on the field trip bus, on the landing in the house, he's always gathering people to meditate and build their "super mind."
9) He still snuggles with me, takes my face in his hands, his green-brown eyes penetrating mine, and says, "Mommee, I loooooove you!" And I melt every time.