Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Camp Connelly's Sq"WEEK"y Clean Schedule

I've heard of "nesting" before a newborn, but me? I'm "nesting" before my sweet Lorelei leaves home for the Big K: Kindergarten. It started when I wrote the back-to-school article for KC Parent (coming next month), and now I've become a fanatic about getting things in order! FANATIC!!
Some mothers are just on top of things. They don't forget Crazy Sock Day... two years in a row. They don't suffer what Fly Lady dubs C.H.A.O.S.--Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome--because their homes are always clean as a whistle. They're pulled together, period.  I WANT to be one of those moms.

I'm not aiming for Stepford Wife perfection, here. I still want to be a fun mom who tosses pillows off the couch to skip over lava with the kids. But I do want our home to be COMFORTABLY clean for our family and generally ready for company.

I'm a sucker for SYSTEMS. I love figuring out ways to motivate myself and my kids to accomplish meaningful goals. I especially delight in picking the brains of other moms that have mastered what I'm hoping to accomplish. And if it involves anything that's laminated, requires little sparkly stickers, or includes manipulatives (like our beloved Pencil-In-Priorities Jars or Prayer Pot Stews), I become downright giddy.

A friend of mine, Kasey Johnson, shared her system for keeping a clean home in her book, 7 Ways to be a S.M.A.R.T.E.R. Mom. She asked me to be part of her "Smarter Moms Team," but sometimes, I really don't feel like one. Pat-myself-on-the-back and bless me anyway, I'm always TRYING. And I think that counts for something.

When I was trying to come up with a system to *KEEP* the home in order, I knew I had to pull out Kasey's book, because I love that she has a name for each day of the week, and a specific "zone" in her home that she blesses spit-spotless. I've made some modifications for our own family's schedule, and I am plum-pleased with the results. I've named it our "SQ-WEEK-Y CLEAN SCHEDULE" and posted it on the fridge with a dry erase marker attached to bubble in each completed task (giddy again!).

So here it is: CAMP CONNELLY'S *SQ-WEEK-Y CLEAN* SCHEDULE

MONDAY MEALS
 Shop for meals (Mon.-Thurs.)
 Prep food for fridge
 Clean out car, vacuum/wipe if needed
 Kids collect/return trash cans (p.m.)

TOILET, TUB, TRASH TUESDAY
 Take out trash (a.m.)
Clean bathrooms:
 toilets
 tubs
 countertops
 mirrors
 floors

WIPE DOWN & WASH WEDNESDAY
 Kids put laundry in basket (a.m.)
 Launder clothes
 Launder sheets
 Dust & wipe surfaces

THIRTY-MINUTE THURSDAY
 30 min. any chore/organizational project
 Plan weekend meals/shopping list

FLOOR & FINISH FRIDAY
 Sweep/Mop Kitchen/entry/porch
 Vacuum upstairs  Vacuum downstairs
 Shop for weekend meals (Fri.-Sun.)
 Kids clean rooms or donate toys

SATURDAY & SUNDAY
 Plan weekday meals/shopping list
 Writing / Mommy Time
 Blog-Mothers Together & Family Blog
 Skype with Grandparents
 Camp Connelly Kumbya (Sun. P.M.)
- Prayer Pot Stew
- Weekly White Board
- Activity/Lesson
- Awana Memory Verse
- S’Mores

EXERCISE
 Cardio
 Cardio
 Strength
 Strength+Cardio

MORNING ROUTINE
6 a.m. Exercise/Scriptures/Shower (Mom)
Feet hit the floor= Beds made
Bathroom/Teeth/Hair
Dress to socks, bring shoes downstairs
Breakfast & Backpacks

BEDTIME ROUTINE
7 p.m. kids’ Bath (every other night)
Set out clothes
Get ready: PJs & Brush Teeth
Story Time (switch kids for one-on-ones)
Bible Story together
8 p.m. Connelly Huddle (Prayer, Kisses)
10 p.m. Mommy’s Bedtime

No comments:

Post a Comment