Sunday, August 7, 2011

Rebel T3i-Love-You!

My birthday present came early and, being the new Rebel that I am, I immediately began tearing through the outer box, past layers of bubble wrap, until I unearthed it--my new EOS Canon Rebel T3i with video and swivel screen, the camera I've been dreaming (literally dreaming, and drooling on my pillow) about! Then the garage door began to open, and I tried, tried, TRIED to slip it back inside the box, but everything was all out of sorts. And then my sweetums came up the stairs, and I realized it was no use. Secret was out. He caught me sneaking and peeking!

But then the surprises (all of which I ruined, as far as I know) kept on coming: The 50mm 1/4 lens my photographer friend, Julie, lugs around like her fifth child for every shoot (not really, it's actually very small for a lens, but tack sharp--ooh, the lingo! I'm in the club!). The 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS lens. Not to mention the awesome kit lens, a tripod, a tulip, another lens hood... the man's thought of (and researched) it all.

You know me, Miss Impatient. I just had to whip it out today to begin shooting, after reading through Scott Kelby's digital photography book, which I bought and finished reading yesterday while stopped at red lights, in the passenger seat on our way to our Saturday at Parkside Coffeehouse, on the bench at the park while Mark was at band practice (yes, we braved the 100 degree heat for two parks and swimming yesterday, bike rides too), and on our date at Starbucks after we walked out of an offensive movie (Change Up--wow, I had NO idea what we were in for seeing that one, but you can thank me for sparing you the details). Anyway, there's A TON to learn for someone who has never used a DSLR in her life--ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and all the bells and whistles. But I'm loving the challenge, and with all the blogging I do, and the occasional photos of craft projects and recipes for the magazine, I'm stoked!

Thank you, Mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment