Six years ago I became this girl's mom, which meant that my life flooded over with joy and love and blessings. And this world became a much brighter place with this sweet girl in it.
Lorelei wanted a doll cake that looked like her, and Target didn't disappoint. It read: Happy Birthday Lulu-Belle.
1) Lorelei is constantly bursting with creativity and resourcefulness. She finds her "flow" state in artwork and makes the world a much more beautiful and colorful place. I love her drawings, especially the ones of our family. She also specializes in owls, horses, unicorns, cats, dogs and bunnies.
2) Lorelei writes the sweetest "love notes." Her bulletin board is covered with scribbled messages like, "I love Mommy so much." She finds me several times a day to hand me a drawing/note/card about how much she loves our family, and her eyes twinkle as she watches the recipient smile.
3) Lorelei is becoming very expressive about her feelings and has already mastered "I Statements." She frequently speaks by saying, "I feel... when... because...." She has great clarity in distinguishing the many flavors of feelings, like frustration, hurt, anger, love, happiness. I love that she has such a grasp on this at her age.
4) Lorelei has always been a social butterfly, but I've also found that she stands her own ground, stands up for kids who are being picked on (like when a certain boy at her table takes another kid's scissors, Lorelei grabs them right back and hands them to him :o), goes her own way, and treats people with respect and kindness. I'm really proud of her for being such a good friend and example to others. She is strong.
5) Lorelei adores her little brother, and he adores her. They have a connection that nobody else can even come close to forging--they get so tickled together, share a common language, and just care for each other. Sometimes they fight, but by and large, they just go out of their way to do nice things for each other (Lorelei always helps G search for his lost toys, tries to explain things to him like a teacher, and helps him out in any way she can).
6) Lorelei has this way of getting really excited, squealing, and doing the chipmunk nose rub in moments of intense joy. It's so dang cute. And before bed, I tuck her in with butterfly, eskimo and fish kisses, then finish off with a bear hug. She has a loving, joyful spirit that just spills into me and everyone around her.