Friday, August 10, 2012

Back-to-School Nesting

I was blissfully enjoying summer vacation on Monday. On Tuesday, I woke up at 4am with a sudden realization that school is beginning next week! I don't know why some things just hit me in the middle of the night, but I was a nervous wreck (if you click back to around this date last year, you'll see this isn't so unusual for me).  I HAD to get out of bed to "nest." So I cleaned the baseboards and floors throughout the entire house.
And over the past few days, I've been doing projects like this:
(Lulu's Lunch Survey. I cut a similar idea out of a magazine years ago.  I designed a "master" to make copies from for each day; she's been practicing filling it out, as you can see.)
I've been pinning recipes on Pinterest, including "Dump Chicken."
 The kids and I made nine batches today (all different varieties) for days when I'm just too busy to cook.
 The recipes are from http://whenthedinnerbellrings.blogspot.com
Genius.  They smell delicious.
 Then I got really O.C.D. and typed up our bedtime routines.
Yeah, in a perfect world.
It's just a framework for my own sanity, but we're definitely not sticklers about it.
I've still got Gryffy home for a couple more weeks, but I might need a therapist now that Lulu's going full day!  First grade, here we come.
Now off to a date night of tennis and Thai to de-stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment