Monday, January 12, 2009

"I came on a snowflake, from God." -Lorelei

Tonight, as we gathered around the dinner table, Lorelei looked outside and exclaimed, "Look! It's snowing!" I pulled the curtains to the backyard, which was like a swirling cotton field. Later while we were eating (and Lorelei was doing something silly with her chili drenched potato), I asked her, "Lorelei, where did you come from?" with a hint of mirth. Her reply was precious. "I came on a snowflake from God." The thought stopped me, and touched me very deeply. What a clever little girl, to remember such things.
Another update: Gryffy pulled up several times today (and stayed up)! Skill mastered! He also surprised me when, after sorting laundry, I'd returned to find him sitting several feet away from where I'd left him. Yes, the boy can scoot across the room!

3 comments:

  1. "I came on a snowflake, from God." That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Your blog is looking jazzy-good job. Love all the pics they make everything so special. Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny that just last week you were concerned that he wasn't rolling over! Way to go Gryffy! :-)

    ReplyDelete