Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Ode to Siblings

Lorelei and Gryffin have always been close. They created their own Sibling Day this month, and celebrated each other with donuts. And at school recently, they each had a special poetry reading in which both kids decided to write poems for one another (this wasn't planned together - they simply both thought of honoring each other).

Parents afterward remarked about their bond, and even their classmates asked for their secret to being so close. I really don't know; they've always been best friends. Sure, they get in little tiffs once in a while. But most of the time, they cooperate, share and champion one another. And as an only child, it's been a joy to behold this incredible love (like tonight, when they were doing a duet mime, with Lorelei pulling Gryffin up the stairs with an invisible rope, heaving and tugging with wild theatrics and laughter on both ends).

Lorelei's poem:
My Brother
He is very kind and sweet, and the best brother you'll ever meet,
He always has a smile, bright, when my day is dark, he is my light.
When I am sad, he always finds a way to make me glad.
He is always there for me,
Especially when I hurt my knee.
He is also very funny,
I love my brother, and he loves me.

Gryffin's poem:
Acrostic
Loving
Others
Really nice
Ever caring
Lucky I have her
Encouraging
I love Lorelei

Afterward, we pulled the kids out of school for lunch dates. Lulu chose Chick-Fil-A.

And Gryffy chose Zaxby's.

World's most darling siblings. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment