Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Passover Seder

If you're ever invited around a seder table, you're in for an unforgettable night, an enduring tradition embedded in Jewish history dating back thousands of years, recounting the liberation of the Israelites from Egypt. I was so blessed to join the Sonnenschein family for my first real Passover seder. It was full of food, collective songs, sacred commentary and recitations, and rituals thick with meaning. (One of my favorite commentaries, for instance, explained why they kept an orange on the seder plate - once, someone had declared that a woman is as fit to preach as an orange on a seder plate - hence the new tradition - ha!) What I loved best of all this sacred night was the wonderful company. I'll let the pictures do the talking:
Emily, Sarah & Morgan (above). And below, our wonderful host and an amazing woman of faith, Sheila.
Happy Passover! Pesach Sameach!

No comments:

Post a Comment