Saturday, April 8, 2017

Potato Nicoise Salad

Every now and then I'll whip up something in the kitchen worth sharing, so I've decided to start a new label on the blog for "recipes." Today, it's this yummy Potato Nicoise Salad recipe we're taking tonight to our Cub Scout Camp Out.
I got this yummy recipe from my high school friend Leslie. Every time I'm around Leslie, I'm scribbling down her recipes because they're always so good. She made this one when we were in San Diego on a high school friends beach vacation - we all paired up and took turns on meals in our beach house. The chefs (Leslie's second from the left):
Leslie's recipe:
I switched it up a bit with the ingredients I had on hand and my favorite potatoes - here's what I did:

Potato Nicoise Salad
1/2 package frozen Trader Joe's green beans
2 packets Little Potato Company garlic herb potatoes 
1/2 red onion, sliced in thin strips
1 can cannellini beans, drained
4 T. capers
1/4 c rice vinegar
1/8 c olive oil
sugar to taste (approx. 3 T.)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Follow package directions to cook potatoes, including herb packets (40 minutes in oven). Meanwhile, toss frozen green beans with olive oil, spread in a single layer across baking sheet, and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes while potatoes finish baking. 

Go snap a few pics of the kids bouncing on the trampoline.


Remove potatoes and green beans from oven to cool, then cut potatoes and beans in half. Combine green beans, potatoes, onions, cannellini beans and capers; toss. Mix rice vinegar, oil and sugar; pour over salad. Toss and chill until ready to serve.

Here are some of the ingredients I used:
 
Mmmm. Delicious and healthy alternative to creamy potato salads!

No comments:

Post a Comment