Tuesday, April 11, 2017

One-On-One Time

Today I got to spend lots of one-on-one time with my loves. First Mark and I went to Unforked on an impromptu lunch date. Then Lorelei and I went to Stellar Nails with neighbor friends for pedicures.
Such a treat!
Springtime colors were the ticket.
And for tonight, I was asked by Gryffin's Cub Scout troop to talk to the boys about world religions for their Fellowship & Duty to God badge. I talked about how the Webelos virtues - wisdom, courage, self-control, justice, faith, hope and love - are the holy virtues of the Catholic faith, recorded in the Hebrew Bible's Book of Wisdom, and even have pagan roots in the Greek philosophers. In fact, every world religion celebrates these 7 virtues, directly or indirectly. 

We did the Webelos Virtue ceremony, lighting candles for each one, and created magnets with each word for the fridge (below):
I also created a slide show of sacred places for the world's major religions, talked about my experiences interacting with several of them, and brought a collection of holy books along - the Qu'ran, Greek New Testament, Book of Mormon, Bible, etc.. At the end, Miles wrote "Thank you Wendy" on some paper and brought it over to me as I was mod-podging magnets - a super sweet gesture. What a privilege to share about a kaleidoscope of faiths, all rooted in love, with these Cub Scouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment