Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Kids' Art

One day, I was sitting in the hallway awaiting Gryffy's parent-teacher conference. His teacher had mentioned that he's a bit behind in his fine motor skills, in part because he hadn't quite landed on a dominant hand (not to mention he's the youngest in class). And so I sat praying that God would soften the things I would hear in that conference, because I can get so worked up about little things that will pan out just fine with a little bit of time to develop.
That's when I glanced at the artwork displayed on the wall, and caught this:
You see, the kids could paint anything they wanted... monsters, animals, outer space. But my sweet Gryffy, he chose to paint the most important thing in the world: "Jesus on the cross and the stone that was rolled away." Not just Jesus on the cross, but the stone that was rolled away!  And all my worry over whether or not that boy can hold a pencil seemed so trivial in that proud moment. 
3 John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in truth"
~~~
 Here's more of that boy's beautiful art from this year:
 He painted these crosses as gifts for his teachers (Lorelei, who can't pass up an art project, was his assistant):
Lorelei lives and breathes art in any form, and says that she will be an artist when she grows up.  I've had this penguin up since last year (she made it in 4 y/o preschool, but I loved it so much I couldn't take it down):
 She just brought this Corduroy home last week:
 And this:
This was my Mother's Day painting, and I just think it is something spectacular.  I love her use of bright colors and that her blooms are beaming.  It perfectly captures her joy.  What a treasure!



No comments:

Post a Comment